Friday, October 30, 2009

Chapter 1 - Ressurection

Is this true? That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I open my eyes. I woke at my apartment and realize that something wasn't right. The only thing I could remember was a great pain in my head and I could hear a lot of explosion. Then, everything went black. The next thing that I know is what I see right now.

I'm standing here before the window and really cannot believe what I see now. Smoke coming out from many building around the city. And all the buildings that I can see are decorated by holes. It's look like those buildings being bombed from the inside. My hands shiver from the scene. This scene is real. It just like scene from some war or apocalypse movie.

The next thing I notice is there are no sound at all. No horn, no engine's sound, not even scream and panicking sound you expect from this situation. Nothing at all. I can even hear my own breath and heart beats. This silence create an eerie feeling. I'm hoping there will be some sound, but it's useless. I wonder where are those people?



Then I realize that those people that I'm looking for are there in the streets. All of them laying down. Something's not right. I decide to go out and try to find information. I move from the window and heading to exit door. While walking there, I realize that my TV, radio, and seems like all my electronics are broken. I quickly reach my pocket to check my cell. Unfortunately, my cellphone also broken. What really happen around here? I hope someone can explain to me.

I walking between households that falling down and scattered all over my apartment. After I leave my room, I decide to check at my neighbor. I approach the room in the right of my room and knock the door. I'm expecting some reply even though my common sense telling me that no one will answer. I try to turn the knob and find out that it isn't locked.

I open the door and get inside. I try to find the old man who live here. This apartment is in a mess just like mine. Households and books scattered all over and electronics are broken. Frames with pictures of the old man and his late wife are scattered around. I go to the bedroom and find no one there. When I want to turn I notice that the little goldfish in the bowl on the table besides the bed is dead. Are all the people also....? No, I can't jump to prejudice. I shall look around more. I leave the bedroom and heading to bathroom.

I open the door and look inside the bathroom. And, I think I've found the old man. I don't know what happening here. The old man lying on the floor covered in his own blood. He has countless hack wounds on his body from which the blood flowing out. I'm petrified in my place. This scene is far too horrible for me. My heart beating fast. I can't stand this anymore.

I turn around and run heading to the exit. Then I head to the stair for my room is on the third floor. When I reach the stair, I see a body in front of the stair. The scene makes me sick. The head of that women is seems like exploded and her brain is scattered around.

I feel sick now. I jump over that body and rushing down the stair. While running down, I scream out for help. Right now, I really wish someone will come and find me. I don't care who. What I need is only the appearance of others living person.

When I reach the first floor, I see another dead body of a man near the entrance door. This one has similar wounds to the old man. I don't like this. I don't like this at all. At first, I really want to get out to find information. But, after seeing all those dead body, I'm afraid to exit the building. I've seen all those people were lying down on street from my room's window. Somehow I can tell what I will see when I'm out at the street.

Despite this confusion, I decide that I have to go out. If I stay here, nothing will change. I will know nothing and scared in every second of my life. Even though I don't know what awaits me out there, I still have to go out. I need to know the reason of all this.

After collecting all my courage, I step forward to the entrance door of this apartment. I grab the knob tightly and pause for a second. I still have this fear of what will I face. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Once. Twice. There. I'm calmer now. I turn the knob and open the door.

When I see the street for the first time, I realize that my fear become true. All those people I saw from the window are dead. This is just like a nightmare. As far as I can see, the street is covered by dead bodies. Not even one alive.

There are some bodies with wounds and also some with exploded head, just like what I saw in the apartment. But, there are also bodies with other conditions. There are some that have been burned somehow. Also, there are other that looks like drowning somehow. I can see water flows out from their mouth. There are still other conditions that are better left unseen.

But, I can't ignore the strangest condition there. There are some bodies that have bones coming out from their bodies. It's not some ordinary bones. These bones are like growing out of control from their bodies. Looks like they are dead because of the pain from growing bones penetrate their flesh.

What is going on here? I really don't understand the situation here. What I know is that I'm alive and everyone else is dead, in strange way. Wait! I'm still alive. There's a possibility that there are also some other that survived from whatever it is. Yes, I'm pretty sure that I'm not a sole survivor. There should be someone else who also survived.

It settles then! I, Jake, as a survivor will go to find the others survivor. This will be my current mission. I have to find others who are survived. My first destination will be my friends place and also my parent's. I shall not lose my hope. I really hope I still can see them alive. With that thing in mind, I walk to my destination crossing this sea of dead bodies . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

No FLAMING allowed!
Flaming comment will be deleted.